Medford High School is a public high school located in the western edge of the Lawrence Estates section of Medford, MA on the southwest border of the Middlesex Fells Reservation. Students in the City of Medford may also attend the Medford Vocational Technical High School or the Curtis Tufts High School in South Medford.
The old high school was built between 1894-1896 with a rear wing including a gym added in 1914 to its location on 22-24 Forest Street. Additional wings were added in 1929 and 1939 and those were the only wings in use following a fire in 1965 until the closure of the school in 1971.
The current campus was completed in that year and during the first decade of the 2000s underwent a major renovation in the district’s three phase plan. Between 2013 and 2014, Medford High School underwent additional renovation to improve its science labs and reopen its pool.
Medford High School shares a campus and building with Medford Vocational High School.
Medford High School, Medford Vocational Technical High School and the Curtis Tufts Schools’ mission is one of respect and responsibility. Collaboration, engagement and lifelong learning are important goals of the school.
Medford Vocational Technical High School offers 15 Career and Technical Programs.
MHS, MVTHS, and the Curtis Tufts have dedicated instructors who want to provide a high quality education to all students.