Bus Information and Schedules
Every school day, several buses transport students to and from Medford High School / Medford Vocational Technical High School. There are both MBTA buses and yellow school buses provided by the Eastern Bus Company. All MBTA and Eastern buses drop off and pick up students at the West Courtyard loop, which is the long loop that is located to the left of the building as you proceed up the driveway.
Two types of MBTA cards
Discounted for student rate (good option if not using every day for school). Students add money to the card as needed.
Unlimited use for $30/month*
MBTA Bus Schedule
- Origin: Davis Square
- Morning Departure Time: 7:05 am
- Route: College Ave to Boston Ave; Boston Ave to High Street; High Street to Winthrop Street to the school.
- Please note that we do NOT have 94 bus services after school. Many students who live in the West Medford neighborhood use the 101 bus after school and walk a short distance from nearby stops.
- Origin: Fellsway Garage (near Target on Salem Street)
- Morning Departure Times: 6:50 am and 7:10 am.
- Route: Salem Street to High Street; High Street to Winthrop Street to the school.
- After school there are two 95 buses daily.
- Origin: Originates at Sullivan Square in Charlestown; departure times reflect when the buses leave from Main Street in South Medford.
- Morning Departure Times: 6:50 am, 7:00 am, and 7:10 am.
- Route: Main Street to George Street; George Street to Winthrop Street to the school.
- After school, there are three to four 101 buses daily.
- Origin: Wellington Station
- Morning Departure Times: 6:50 am, 7:00 am, and 7:10 am
- Route: Fellsway to Riverside Ave; Riverside Ave to High Street via Medford Square; High Street to Winthrop Street to the school.
- After school there are three 134 buses daily. In addition, the 134 runs its regular inbound route along Winthrop Street after school, in the event of students needing later-afternoon transportation.
Schedule Information from the MBTA
Bus Schedule: https://www.mbta.com/schedules/bus
The Medford High School Bus #s are:
MBTA bus passes are available for purchase for students who live within a 2 mile radius of the MHS/MVTHS school. Students who live beyond 2 miles are provided free passes for the MBTA bus. Also, in the event of hardship, students can be provided free monthly passes. Please contact your child’s Assistant Principal for information. (https://forms.gle/6zBnj6ua8k9MYpLNA)
*Students who live inside the 2 mile radius may purchase a student pass for $30/month (for the 10 months of school - payment may be made in full for the year if requested).
Online (Credit Card)
Use the Purchase MBTA Bus Pass form to pay for a student bus pass online using a credit card.
MBTA bus passes can be purchased with a money order (made out to Medford High School) in the Engagement Office off the main lobby of the high school.
Lost cards will be replaced one time and thereafter students will be required to use an S-card.
Yellow School Bus
Eastern Buses (Yellow buses)
MHS/MVTHS Bus #2:
- Origin; Middlesex Ave & 9th Street
- Morning Departure Time: 6:40 am.
- Route: After doing one stop at Middlesex Ave & 9th street, this bus goes express (no stops) to Main Street and Henry Street in South Medford; Main Street to George Street; George Street to Winthrop Street to the school.
- Please note that we do NOT have Bus #2 service after school. Students can take the 101 bus to reach points in South Medford, and they can take the 134 bus to reach points in the Wellington neighborhood.
MHS/MVTHS Bus #14:
- Origin: Fells Ave & Fellsway West.
- Morning Departure Time: 6:50 am.
- Route: Loop through North Medford (Fellsway W, Elm St, Highland Ave, Doonan Street, Belle Ave; Fulton Street); Fulton Street & Fulton Springs Road is the last stop before the bus runs express to school.
- After School: There is ONE #14 bus that runs a reverse route back to North Medford.
Please view slide 2 and slide 3 in the slide deck below for information about bus stops for the MHS/MVTHS #2 and MHS/MVTHS #14 buses.
Tentative 2022 – 2023 Bus Routes, all grade levels
How to Ride:
Eastern buses (yellow buses) are free to ride. We require students to live in the neighborhood serviced by the yellow bus, and we require students to register for riding the yellow bus through this link (https://forms.gle/dkbKi2KAsong3DLRA)
For information pertaining to bus routes and bus stops please contact the Director of Family and Community Engagement, Megan Fidler-Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Special Education Transportation call Student Services at 781-393-2235.
For Eastern Bus Company call 781-395-2515 or 617-388-3352.
Bus Expectations in Google Doc format